Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just like a creamsicle :P
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (use Earth Balance for best results, and to avoid hydrogenated oils)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with papers.
- Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar and set aside until it curdles.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl and mix.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the margarine and sugar for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy, be careful not to over-beat or the margarine will melt. Beat in orange and vanilla extracts, then alternate between flour mixture and soy ilk mixture, beating until no large lumps remain.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.