This is an excellent sauce for pasta, over vegatables or to use as a hollandaise sauce. The brewer's yeast is optional - but it adds a "cheesy" flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the minced garlic in the butter for about 2 minutes, or until it softens a bit.
- 2Add in the flour and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with fork or whisk - for one minute.
- 3Add in the brewer's yeast, stirring constantly until incorporated.
- 4Stir in coconut milk and lemon and heat over medium - stirring often until thickened.
- 5Add salt & pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.5
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 76.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: