Recipe by jkhazelhurst
I found a few recipe's for Vegetarian Cream of Mushroom Soup but nothing that was completely Vegan. My family is Vegan and wanted to make something special for them. My daughter really likes it.
- 2 lbs sliced mushrooms (fresh organic is the best)
- 1⁄3 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, chopped (to your liking)
- 1⁄2 lb cashews
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (add as little or much as you like)
- 1⁄4 cup mixed Italian herbs (add a little at a time)
- 1 tablespoon salt (add as little or much as you like)
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg (add as little or much as you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4 quart pot, saute the mushrooms in soy butter till they get soft.
- Add the garlic, continue to stir occassionally.
- Saute on low heat for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, puree the cashews with the water.
- The smoother the better.
- Pour pureed cashews into the pot with the mushrooms.
- Add the chili powder, nutmeg, salt and Italian Seasonings.
- Stir frequently until it begins to thicken.
- *you may add corn starch to help thicken the soup, depending on how thick you want it.
- Season to taste, add more flavor by adding more nutmeg and chili powder and garlic powder.