Chef #180757's Note:
I found a few recipe's for Vegetarian Cream of Mushroom Soup but nothing that was completely Vegan. My family is Vegan and wanted to make something special for them. My daughter really likes it.
My Private Note
Green B ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sliced mushrooms (fresh organic is the best)
- 1/3 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, chopped (to your liking)
- 1/2 lb cashews
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (add as little or much as you like)
- 1/4 cup mixed Italian herbs (add a little at a time)
- 1 tablespoon salt (add as little or much as you like)
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg (add as little or much as you like)
- 1In a 4 quart pot, saute the mushrooms in soy butter till they get soft.
- 2Add the garlic, continue to stir occassionally.
- 3Saute on low heat for 10 minutes.
- 4In a blender, puree the cashews with the water.
- 5The smoother the better.
- 6Pour pureed cashews into the pot with the mushrooms.
- 7Add the chili powder, nutmeg, salt and Italian Seasonings.
- 8Stir frequently until it begins to thicken.
- 9*you may add corn starch to help thicken the soup, depending on how thick you want it.
- 10Season to taste, add more flavor by adding more nutmeg and chili powder and garlic powder.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan "Cream" of Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (589 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.1
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2143.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
mixed Italian herbs