Recipe by KelBel
The creaminess of this soup comes from cashews pureed with vege broth. Not low in fat, but high protein and fiber.
Top Review by Valeria
A fine soup, and very easy to make! My grandma raved about this one and says she wants to share it with all her friends. The blender nearly exploded on step 3, so now I know to just use the immersion and not the upright. I did step 1 as I was waiting for step 2 to finish, shaving a little time off of the 25 minutes.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 5 cups vegetable stock or 5 cups bouillon
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups broccoli, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cashews and 1 cup of the vegetable stock into a blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Put the remaining 4 cups vegetable stock, the potatoes and the onion into a large pot. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and basil and return to a simmer. Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cashew mixture, the salt, the pepper and bring just to a simmer. Remove from the heat, transfer about half of the soup to a blender and puree, or use stick blender. Return the puree to the pot and stir well. Serve immediately.