Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Cashews, coconut oil and tofu form a rich and creamy mixture perfect for your next carrot cake. Makes enough to generously fill and frost a 3-layer cake or 24 cupcakes.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs raw cashews
- 3⁄4 cup maple sugar or 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice syrup
- 12 ounces low-fat firm silken tofu
- Soak cashews overnight.
- The next day, drain the nuts and add to a high-power blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients together until creamy, then chill for 2 hours before using.