Recipe by PDX Meems
This frosting is GREAT. It has far less sugar than traditional buttercream frostings and has a better texture as well.Tint it any color you wish, decorate with sprinkles or just devour it straight from the bowl! The recipe came from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. It is perfect for topping my vegan chocolate cupcakes!
Top Review by Dominick & Amanda
This is an easy frosting recipe and it tastes good too! Mine did get a little "melty" after being left out for a while so I do recommend refrigerating your cupcakes after a few hours. Another reviewer said she used these on pumpkin muffins and I think that's an awesome idea! That will be my next use for this wonderful recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup vegan cream cheese, softened (Tofutti)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together margarine and cream cheese until just combined. Use a handheld mixer to whip while adding the confectioners' sugar in 1/2 cup batches. Mix until smooth and creamy, then mix in the vanilla. Keep tightly covered and refigerated until ready to use.