Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This frosting is GREAT. It has far less sugar than traditional buttercream frostings and has a better texture as well.Tint it any color you wish, decorate with sprinkles or just devour it straight from the bowl! The recipe came from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. It is perfect for topping my vegan chocolate cupcakes!
- 1⁄4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup vegan cream cheese, softened (Tofutti)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together margarine and cream cheese until just combined. Use a handheld mixer to whip while adding the confectioners' sugar in 1/2 cup batches. Mix until smooth and creamy, then mix in the vanilla. Keep tightly covered and refigerated until ready to use.
This is an easy frosting recipe and it tastes good too! Mine did get a little "melty" after being left out for a while so I do recommend refrigerating your cupcakes after a few hours. Another reviewer said she used these on pumpkin muffins and I think that's an awesome idea! That will be my next use for this wonderful recipe!
Fantastic frosting! I think this will be my go-to recipe from now on, it's so smooth and creamy - very delicous and holds up well. It was pretty hot out yesterday and the frosting didn't ooze or even shift for that matter. Used this over some vanilla vegan cupcakes with strawberry sauce. I used tofutti plain "cream" cheez and the flavour of that is very mild, no one would have known that was in it, but it made it very creamy so I would never leave it out now. The "cheez" flavour is not as strong as the cream cheese is in the typical dairy version, which I was happy about. Thx!
I don't know what "real cream cheese frosting" should taste like... but this vegan frosting is amazing!!! don't let the vegan name fool you this is full taste. Thank you.