Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one of the only desserts that i eat as a vegan. They taste really good, aren't that hard to make, and are actually pretty good for you. This recipe is one that has been adapted from Vegan Planet.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- oil baking sheets.
- mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- set this bowl aside for the moment.
- mix together margarine (softened), sugar, soy milk, and egg replacement in another, larger, bowl.
- add the first bowl to the second along with the oats, crannberries, and currants.
- Drop cookies by the spoonful onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- note: You can use any number of things for the egg replacement but i used:.
- 1/4 cup applesauce (cinnamon or plain) plus 1/2 teaspoon baking powder to replace one egg.
- If you prefer to use Ener-G or something else, just use egg replacement for 2 eggs.
- Also, you can use any kind of applesauce but i think cinnamon tastes best.
Great cookies - loved them. And as to the earlier margarine comment - most vegans know which margarines are suitable, so no, it's not false advertising.
um, maybe it is just my imagination but isn't most margarine truly not vegan so this is sort of a false advertising of a vegan cookie?