Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Adjust the Phillips to taste or you can use Old Bay if so inclined. I am not so inclined. Also note this is a work in progress. I was not happy with the original Veggie Life site recipe on this. Posted here to work on it.
- 1 cup fine toasted breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 1⁄2 cup minced white onion
- 1⁄3 cup minced carrot
- 1⁄2 small green bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- 16 ounces frozen extra firm silken tofu or 16 ounces frozen waterpacked firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon Phillips seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- For Texture: Freeze the tofu and then thaw.
- Note the waterpacked and the silken firm are experiemental textures.
- Do NOT press the silken simply let drain after thawing. Do press the waterpack.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Saute the carrot until it starts to soften then add the celery, onions, pepper and parsley until softened.
- Pulse tofu. You want a cottage cheese consistency. DO NOT PUREE.
- Combine tofu, vegetables, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, vegan mayo and seasonings. Mix well.
- Use about 1/3 cup mixture and form into patties about 3 inches by 1/2 inch. Coat with remaining crumbs.
- Place on sprayed baking sheet and spray tops lightly with spray or Olivio.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the cakes. Continue cooking until second side is brown and 'toasty' approx 5 to 10 more minutes.