That is Dr House to you's Note:
Adjust the Phillips to taste or you can use Old Bay if so inclined. I am not so inclined. Also note this is a work in progress. I was not happy with the original Veggie Life site recipe on this. Posted here to work on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fine toasted breadcrumb
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/2 cup minced white onion
- 1/3 cup minced carrot
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 16 ounces frozen extra firm silken tofu or 16 ounces frozen waterpacked firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon Phillips seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 1For Texture: Freeze the tofu and then thaw.
- 2Note the waterpacked and the silken firm are experiemental textures.
- 3Do NOT press the silken simply let drain after thawing. Do press the waterpack.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°.
- 5Saute the carrot until it starts to soften then add the celery, onions, pepper and parsley until softened.
- 6Pulse tofu. You want a cottage cheese consistency. DO NOT PUREE.
- 7Combine tofu, vegetables, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, vegan mayo and seasonings. Mix well.
- 8Use about 1/3 cup mixture and form into patties about 3 inches by 1/2 inch. Coat with remaining crumbs.
- 9Place on sprayed baking sheet and spray tops lightly with spray or Olivio.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the cakes. Continue cooking until second side is brown and 'toasty' approx 5 to 10 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.6
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 721.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: