Recipe by Mad Maryno
Really economical dessert that is veganized from La Cuisine Raisonnée, the most valued cookbook in Quebec's pop culture.
Top Review by Miss Understood
This was very easy to make and, in fact, was even quicker as I turned the heat up a bit the second time I made it. I didn't have any cornstarch either time I made it so used half arrowroot powder and half Bird's Custard Powder (which is vegan) and it was excellent.
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup brewed espresso or 1⁄2 cup strong coffee, cold
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot over medium-low heat, put the soymilk, the coffee, the sugar and the pinch of salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with the cold water. Add to the pot.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the vanilla.
- Lightly oil a mold in a fancy shape or simply use a loaf pan, or 6 individual molds.
- Put the mixture in the mold. Let cool then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with "whipped cream" and chocolate shavings.