Recipe by Arwen Myers
I remember my dad making these for me when I was little, and recently I pulled back out his recipe and veganized it so I could remember him and his wonderful cooking.
Top Review by sexy_butterball
THese are so good. never would have guessed they are vegan! usually vegan cookies are like hockey pucks. THese are as though they were made with eggs and butter. Just the right amount of sweetness. The add-ins are right for substitution. next time i make these i may add sunflower seeds instead of the peacans!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine, softened (use a vegan one like Earth Balance)
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute, mixed with
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease baking sheets.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine & sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg replacer gradually, then stir in vanilla & almond extracts and coconut.
- Gradually stir in the already-mixed dry ingredients.
- Stir in rolled oats, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes before removing from baking sheets.