Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A whole foods, healthy recipe with whole corn kernals- moist, sweet and delicious. from Christina Pirello's book Christina cooks everything you always wanted to know about whole foods
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 2⁄3-1 cup plain soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil and flour a 9 inch square glass baking dish.
- Combine the flour, cornbread, baking powder and cinnamin in a mixing bowl. Whisking to impart air into the mixture.
- Stir in the oil and the rice syrup. Slowly add the soymilk, mixing to create a smooth, spreadable batter. Fold in the corn.
- Spoon the batter evenly into prepared dish and bake for about 35 minutes, until the center springs back to the touch.
- remove from the oven and set aside to cool before slicing.