1/4 Photos of Vegan Cornbread
Vino Girl's Note:
I got this recipe in my email today from Cooks Illustrated. It is a blue-ribbon winner developed by 11 year old Dana Sly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2Spray 8-inch-square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- 4Add the ground flax seed, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer the ground flax seed in the water for 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well-combined.
- 7Add the ground flax seed mixture, soy milk, and canola oil to the flour mixture.
- 8Beat just until smooth (do not overbeat.)
- 9Turn into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 10Cool on wire rack 10 minutes; invert cornbread onto wire rack, then turn right side up and continue to cool until warm, about 10 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 374.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g