1/1 Photo of Vegan Corn & Vegetable Chowder
Gnome of Plow-Land's Note:
The recipe can be altered concerning how much of certain vegetables are used. A lower fat version would probably call for oat or soy milk instead of cream, but the thickness gives it the chowder appeal. The cheese you use also changes the flavour noticably. Shopping for all these ingredients I discovered that most vegtable stocks aren't vegan. I made this as part of a birthday dinner for my vegan boyfriend and he claims it's very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (sunflower oil best)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large potatoes, diced or 7 small potatoes
- 1/2 a zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups oat cream
- 1 1/4 vegan vegetable stock
- 1 ounce broccoli floret
- 3 cups canned corn, drained
- 3/4 cup smoked soy cheese or 3/4 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add bell pepper, garlic and potato. Sauté over medium-low heat stirring often, for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Stir in flour and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in vegetable stock and cream.
- 3Add corn and broccoli. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
- 4Stir in cheese until it melts.
- 5Season and garnish as desired.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Corn & Vegetable Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.3
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 94.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: