- 6 tofu hot dogs or 6 vegetarian hot dogs
- 6 skewers
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon melted shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, mustard, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the soymilk, egg replacer and shortening and mix until very smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a tall glass.
- Put the dogs on the sticks and dip them into the cornmeal batter to coat evenly.
- Deep fry in oil heated to 350°F until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.