Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My variation of Isa's recipe in Vegan with a Vengeance
Make and share this Vegan Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 2 small russet potatoes, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons soymilk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Sautee onions, pepper, and carrot in oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add herbs and salt, sautee a minute more.
- Add corn, stock, potatoes, bay leaf, and cayenne. Cover and bring to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, uncover and simmer for 7-10 minutes more.
- Puree half of the chowder. Add soy milk, lemon, juice, and maple syrup. Stir to combine and serve.