This is a nice pie crust for vegan pies. Easy to put together, with ingredients that are easily accessed. Be careful using *Oreo's--in different factories ingredients can contain diary products.
- Preheat oven, 350 degrees.
- Process cookies in food processor until crumbed. (Can use blender or rolling pin filled with cookies in Ziploc bag.).
- Mix crumbs, sugar, vanilla, and margarine.
- If desired, reserve 2 tablespoons of crumb mixture for garnish.
- Press mixture firmly and evenly against bottom and side of 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
- For Vegan option use a Vegan cookie.