Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A soymilk version from Usenet.
- 2 lbs boiling potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cabbage, quartered
- 4 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 cup soymilk
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 spring onions
- Peel and quarter the potatoes. Slice the spring onions wafer thin.
- Boil the potatoes for 7 to 10 minutes. Next add the cabbage to the pot. Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes. The potatoes should be tender. Drain. Remove Cabbage and slice into thin strips.
- Add the margarine, half the milk and the salt and pepper to the pot. Mash. Do not leave lumps. Add the rest of the milk and blend until it is a puree. It should be thick.
- Add Shredded cabbage. Mix until blended. Taste and season if needed.
- Return the pot to low heat, stirring frequently until hot.
- Place in heated bowl and garnish with onions.