Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe from one of my Mom's cookbooks.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons egg substitute, with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup soymilk
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour salt, 1 tsp of cinnamon, ginger, both sugars and oil together in a large mixing bowl.
- Remove .75 cups of that mixture, and add to this the other tsp of cinnamon, the nuts, and then set aside to use as a topping. (Optionally, you can add some more flour, oats, or other ingredients for topping).
- To the remaining flour mixture, add baking soda, baking powder, egg-replacer mixture, and milk- mix to combine well (some small lumps are ok).
- Add the batter to a well greased 9inch by 13inch baking dish, and sprinkle on the topping.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes uncovered.