Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspiration from veganlunchbox.blogspot.com
Make and share this Vegan Coconut Cream Pie Filling recipe from Food.com.
- Blend tofu until smooth, set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together sugar and cornstarch, slowling adding the coconut milk.
- Continue to stir over medium heat until thick.
- Once the mixture has thickened, fold in the tofu, vanilla, coconut extract and shredded coconut.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and garnish with extra shredded coconut.
- Chill before serving.
I made a vegan crust for this filling, and it turned out to be a delicious coconut cream pie! I will be making this again very soon! Thanks for the recipe!
This is the BEST coconut pie ever! My husband and I eat one every 2 days (no, we are not fat).
I do add 1/4 teaspoon salt so it won't taste "flat." I also use a store-bought low-fat graham cracker crust. I toast the coconut for the topping. I gave 1/2 pie to some friends last night and they loved it too!
I used reg coconut milk and it was fab in a graham cracker crust!