Recipe by selfmadegirl
Inspiration from veganlunchbox.blogspot.com
Top Review by Valerie H.
I did a vegan graham cracker crust. It turned out amazing! Took it to a party and it was all gone quickly. I prefer the tofu method to the cashews. so many vegan recipes use cashews, but I find the results kind of heavy. This pie was perfect
- 6 ounces soft silken tofu
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend tofu until smooth, set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together sugar and cornstarch, slowling adding the coconut milk.
- Continue to stir over medium heat until thick.
- Once the mixture has thickened, fold in the tofu, vanilla, coconut extract and shredded coconut.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and garnish with extra shredded coconut.
- Chill before serving.