Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 2 egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 -4 teaspoons soymilk
- Combine dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients to the mixture.
- Don't overmix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes in a loaf pan.
- Let cool and remove from pan.
- Mix together powdered sugar and soy milk for the glaze and drizzle over the top.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes and serve.
This sounds like an odd combination, but it comes out rather tasty! The bread is better after it has sat for a day.
Delicious! It takes just a few minutes to put this together and get it into the oven, and it comes out just perfect. Thank you!
AAARRRGGGGHHHHH! I forgot the SALT! That said, it was still great- moist and sweet and the glaze set it off nicely. I used almond milk instead of soy, since one was open, but other than that and using real egg, I followed the recipe as well as my pea-brain let me, lol. Oh, I also used mini loaf pans, 3 of them, filled to 2/3's full, and baked them for 40 minutes instead of 50. Anyway, a healthy, enjoyable snack or dessert that is a snap to put together and will be repeated here. Thanks for sharing!