Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I adapted this from a recipe I found on Google. They're the best oatmeal raisin cookies I've ever made, vegan or not.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine margarine and the sugars and beat until creamy.
- Add in vanilla, rice milk, and apple sauce and beat some more until it's all distributed evenly and creamy and yummy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until they're all mixed together evenly.
- Add the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients and mix together until all is well.
- Add the oats and raisins and mix 'em inches
- Evenly place clumps of cookie dough on an ungreased cookie sheet (I use parchment paper. It’s amazing and I don’t even have to wash the cookie sheets after. I got it at Walmart.)
- Put in the oven and back for about 8-10 minutes, until they no longer look raw, even in the middles.
Very good, thanks! Next time I'll use a bit more applesauce and a bit less margarine and add walnuts.
Great. I'm not vegan so I used regular butter and milk. I needed a recipe using turbinado sugar since thats all we had in the house.
I just made these. I used all vegetable shortening instead of the vegan margarine. I thought the cookies came out a bit flat, but the taste was good. I may need to fiddle with this recipe to get it just to my liking.