Recipe by KDub
Originally a Betty Crocker recipe - I veganized it and baked it in the Crockpot (2-3 quart capacity). Reminds me of the chocolate pudding cakes my mom used to make when I was little. A great comfort food dessert, especially for chilly wet nights!
Top Review by TracyCooks
So good! I was out of brown sugar so I substituted white sugar, and mixed 1/2 tsp molasses in with the hot water, and used vanilla almond milk in place of soy, and it was delicious!!
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cocoa
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml soymilk (I use unsweetened, any flavour would work though)
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- 354.88 ml hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crock pot insert with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tbsp cocoa, baking powder, and salt together in bowl.
- Stir in soy milk, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour batter into crock pot insert.
- Mix brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa in bowl (make sure there are no big lumps). Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over contents of crockpot - DO NOT STIR!
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove lid of crock pot and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Spoon cake into bowls. Spoon sauce over top.
- Great on its own; also yummy with soy whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.