Recipe by KMuchetti
Rich chocolate pudding from scratch that doesn't take any longer than box pudding to prepare. Recipe from relishmag.com
Top Review by manushag
This pudding is delicious and I thank you for posting. My cousins kids are allergic to dairy and also have celiac. They always feel left out because they can't eat most of the desserts at our family dinners, so I'm always looking for home made treats that they can enjoy. I am making them a chocolate peanut butter pie, and am substituting vegan ingredients, so this pudding is very helpful! PS. I did reduce the sweetener a little bit, and used regular sugar and corn syrup combo.
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups soymilk (plain or vanilla)
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cocoa powder, corn starch, salt in a 1 quart saucepan. Add just enough soy milk to make a smooth paste. Gradually stir in rest of the soy milk and agave nectar or honey.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into serving dishes and chill. Serves 4.