Recipe by pollen
This is a surprisingly tasty recipe. The most difficult part about making it is the 2-hour waiting time.
Top Review by Saremca
Excellent. I made this for my vegan daughter for Thanksgiving this year and she loved it, as did the all of the meat eaters who tried it. They couldn't believe they were eating tofu. E asked me if I could add peanut butter to the filling because she thinks it would taste like a Reese's PB cup, so I think I will try adding a bit of PB the next time I make it. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (optional)
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 lb silken tofu
- 12 ounces dark chocolate (1 1/2 to 2 cups chocolate chips)
- 1 -3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust, combine all ingredients and press into a 9" pie plate; bake 12-15 minutes (until set) at 350º.
- For filling, blend the tofu in the blender until smooth, then add & blend everything else.
- Pour filling into the crust and chill for at least 2 hours.