Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this with my chocolate peppermint cupcakes. This recipe is from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and is delicious
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup soy margarine
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons soya milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Cream together margarine and shortening until well combined. Add cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add the icing sugar about half a cup at a time and beat well each time adding a little splash of soy milk when all ingredients have been mixed . Beat in the essences for about 3 minutes with a hand held mixer until light and fluffy. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until needed. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles.