Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Vegan Chocolate by Fran Costigan, this torte is full of orange, fruity olive oil, almond and chocolate notes that will satisfy any chocoholic - not to mention it's egg-free, dairy free and a source of whole grains! The chocolate-orange ganache on it's own is to die for too, especially if you're a Terry's fan :-)
- 1⁄4 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large oranges, zest of, preferably organic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
Glaze or Topping
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 1⁄2 ounces stevia-sweetened bittersweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (1 g) packetvanilla flavored stevia
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat to 350°F and line a 9” springform pan with parchment.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder and ground almonds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, oil, zest, vinegar, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour into the dry mixture and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Rotate the pan to level the batter and tap it lightly on the counter. Bake for 43 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack.
- Sprinkle cake with 1 tbsp ground almonds and cool completely.
- When cool, sprinkle serving plate with remaining almonds and invert cake onto it. Set aside while preparing glaze.
- Glaze / Topping:.
- Combine orange zest, orange juice concentrate and chocolate in a small saucepan and melt gently over low heat.
- Stir in oil, flavoured stevia and salt.
- Pour into a bowl and let sit 15-20 minutes to thicken before use.
- Pour glaze over the cake and sprinkle generously with flaked almonds.