1/1 Photo of Vegan Chocolate - Orange Torte
1 hr 5 mins
Adapted from Vegan Chocolate by Fran Costigan, this torte is full of orange, fruity olive oil, almond and chocolate notes that will satisfy any chocoholic - not to mention it's egg-free, dairy free and a source of whole grains! The chocolate-orange ganache on it's own is to die for too, especially if you're a Terry's fan :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large oranges, zest of, preferably organic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
Glaze or Topping
- 1Preheat to 350°F and line a 9” springform pan with parchment.
- 2Whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder and ground almonds.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, oil, zest, vinegar, vanilla and almond extracts.
- 4Pour into the dry mixture and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 6Rotate the pan to level the batter and tap it lightly on the counter. Bake for 43 to 45 minutes.
- 7Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack.
- 8Sprinkle cake with 1 tbsp ground almonds and cool completely.
- 9When cool, sprinkle serving plate with remaining almonds and invert cake onto it. Set aside while preparing glaze.
- 10Glaze / Topping:.
- 11Combine orange zest, orange juice concentrate and chocolate in a small saucepan and melt gently over low heat.
- 12Stir in oil, flavoured stevia and salt.
- 13Pour into a bowl and let sit 15-20 minutes to thicken before use.
- 14Pour glaze over the cake and sprinkle generously with flaked almonds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Chocolate - Orange Torte
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 222.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of