Recipe by YummySmellsca
Adapted from Vegan Chocolate by Fran Costigan, this torte is full of orange, fruity olive oil, almond and chocolate notes that will satisfy any chocoholic - not to mention it's egg-free, dairy free and a source of whole grains! The chocolate-orange ganache on it's own is to die for too, especially if you're a Terry's fan :-)
- 1⁄4 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large oranges, zest of, preferably organic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
Glaze or Topping
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 1⁄2 ounces stevia-sweetened bittersweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (1 g) packetvanilla flavored stevia
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat to 350°F and line a 9” springform pan with parchment.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder and ground almonds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, oil, zest, vinegar, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour into the dry mixture and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Rotate the pan to level the batter and tap it lightly on the counter. Bake for 43 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack.
- Sprinkle cake with 1 tbsp ground almonds and cool completely.
- When cool, sprinkle serving plate with remaining almonds and invert cake onto it. Set aside while preparing glaze.
- Glaze / Topping:.
- Combine orange zest, orange juice concentrate and chocolate in a small saucepan and melt gently over low heat.
- Stir in oil, flavoured stevia and salt.
- Pour into a bowl and let sit 15-20 minutes to thicken before use.
- Pour glaze over the cake and sprinkle generously with flaked almonds.