Recipe by Sirona Sky
This chocolate orange mousse is vegan. It is pure bliss. Best of all its low in cholesterol. I use a Vita-mix blender but you can use a mixer or hand blender.
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) box tofu, silken extra firm
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips, vegan
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup, you can use cane syrup
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, you can use Cointreau
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange rind
- 6 leaves of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler on low heat.
- Put all other ingredients in the blender and blend until creamy. You will need to stop and scrape the bowl a few times. This will insure that it will be smooth.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add to the Vita-mix and blend some more.
- Pour in a big bowl or individual serving bowls. Refrigerate for at lest 1 hour .
- Serve garnished with orange rind and fresh mint.