Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Chocolate Mousse so good it'll fool your omnivore friends!
- 1 lb silken tofu
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used Ghirardelli brand
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of liqueur such as Amaretto (optional)
- 1 teaspoon strong coffee (optional) or 1 teaspoon espresso (optional)
- Set out silken tofu, drain, place in mixing bowl. Let it reach almost room temperature, blotting periodically.
- When it reaches near room temp, melt your chocolate chips in a double boiler or in microwave on 50% power until smooth.
- Place tofu and melted chips in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in serving dish and add 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Cover and let sit in fridge until set, for about an hour.