Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pie just sounds so yummy!! I got it from the Whole Foods Market site in their recipe section: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipeId=913 I will be making it this week.
- In a small saucepan, combine water and agar-agar flakes and bring to a boil.
- Gently simmer until agar has dissolved completely, about 5 minutes.
- Add espresso and stir until dissolved. Cool slightly.
- In a food processor or blender, blend tofu, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and cooled espresso mixture until completely smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight until firm.
- Serve topped with non-dairy topping.
Be careful, although the recipe sounds delicious many people have trouble digesting agar-agar a.k.a carageenan. It can have a laxative affect. I have a severe reaction to it!