Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
OK – So this shake is absolutely scrumptious. I cannot rave enough about it. This shake is decadent, rich, creamy, and delicious. If you want to make this shake colder, add in some ice cubes. If you want it richer, feel free to get a bit more heavy-handed with the Cocoa – that is for you self respecting chocoholics out there – motto being “the richer the better”. If you want it sweeter, feel free to tempt fate. But I will warn you – for me, this shake got sweeter the more I drank it. And because I was a stellar pig and devoured the whole trough on my own (two full glasses), I found that less, really is more! My sister TOTALLY disagreed and could have had more of her chocolate rich version! Either way – I’ll take out a stake in this shake!
- 2 cups home made raw macadamia nut milk
- 2 frozen very ripe organic bananas
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (to taste) or 2 tablespoons agave nectar (to taste)
- 1 pinch of celtic sea salt
- Throw all the ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Makes two 8 ounce glasses.
Scrumptious shake - there's chocolate in it, what else can I say?? I omitted the syrup entirely because I used raw cocoa powder which is not as bitter as conventional cocoa powder to my taste buds. It was perfect. Usually I don't use raw macadamias for milk because they are outrageously expensive here, but I'm glad I made some for this, it's so wonderfully creamy. I'll make this again for sure, thanks for sharing :)<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2014