1/3 Photos of Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes With Chocolate Mousse Topping
These are sooooo good! No exaggeration. The topping is light and fluffy and not overly sweet, and you would never know that the cupcakes were vegan. The recipe come from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Once you taste these cupcakes, there will be no doubt that these can take over the world! The mousse topping makes enough for probably 2 dozen cupcakes, so go ahead and double the cupcake recipe...they are sure to disappear in no time. Preparation time doesn't include the 1 hour refrigeration time for the mousse.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1For cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350F and put your cupcakes liners in your muffin pan.
- 2Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a bowl, giving it a few minutes to curdle before proceeding.
- 3Add the sugar, oil, vanilla to the curdled soy milk and beat until a little frothy.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 5Add the dry ingredients to the wet in 2 batches, mixing until no large lumps remain.
- 6Fill the muffin liners about 3/4 fill. I use an ice cream scoop so that they are sure to be uniform in size.
- 7Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, and then remove from pan and put on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- 8For the Mousse topping: Put the tofu, soy milk, maple syrup and vanilla in a blender; puree until completely smooth.
- 9Melt the chocolate, either in a double boiler or carefully in a microwave. If you use a microwave, be careful so as to not burn the chocolate. Let the melted chocolate cool for about 5 minutes.
- 10Add the chocolate to the tofu in the blender and blend until combined.
- 11Put the mousse into a covered container and chill for at least an hour.
- 12When the cupcakes are completely cooled, use a large decorating tip on a pastry bag, and put a mountain of mousse on each cupcake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes With Chocolate Mousse Topping
Serving Size: 1 (1434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.6
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 177.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g