1/1 Photo of Vegan Chocolate Cream of Wheat With Ground Flax Seeds
Chef #1155174's Note:
I created this vegan version of cream of wheat out of my love of chocolate and cream of wheat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring non-dairy milk of your choice and one minute cream of wheat to a simmer. Stir constantly and simmer for about 1 minute. Mixture will be thin and watery.
- 2Add Vegan Chocolate Chips and Brown Sugar. Stir until the chips and sugar are melted.
- 3Add ground flax seed. Stir just to blend. Do not over stir or the mixture will become very thick. If it becomes too thick add more milk of your choice.
- 4Note: I usually use Almond Milk. Soy Milk is my second choice, but I put Soy Milk in the ingredients because Recipezaar has nutrition facts for Soy Milk and not for Almond Milk. Almond Milk is lower in calories and fat then Soy Milk.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Chocolate Cream of Wheat With Ground Flax Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 135.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
semisweet vegan chocolate chips