Recipe by cindygliebe
I created this vegan version of cream of wheat out of my love of chocolate and cream of wheat.
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons cream of wheat
- 2 tablespoons semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring non-dairy milk of your choice and one minute cream of wheat to a simmer. Stir constantly and simmer for about 1 minute. Mixture will be thin and watery.
- Add Vegan Chocolate Chips and Brown Sugar. Stir until the chips and sugar are melted.
- Add ground flax seed. Stir just to blend. Do not over stir or the mixture will become very thick. If it becomes too thick add more milk of your choice.
- Note: I usually use Almond Milk. Soy Milk is my second choice, but I put Soy Milk in the ingredients because Recipezaar has nutrition facts for Soy Milk and not for Almond Milk. Almond Milk is lower in calories and fat then Soy Milk.