this is an awesome cookie recipe. took me a while to get it just right. i use a wheat free flour blend - but you can make it with regular flour just as well. they are pretty healthy too. low in sugar - high in fiber. i recommend using raw turbinado sugar - it really enhances the flavor. another tip: i use raw, chunky almond butter in this recipe - and i like to use high quality, 70% dark chocolate and chop it up myself for the cookies. also, unsweetened flake coconut is best - these cookies are sweet enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup flour (regular or wheat free blend)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raw sugar (or brown)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup soymilk
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherry (optional)
- 1combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2then add all wet ingredients and stir.
- 3add the chocolate chunks and optional stir-ins.
- 4form into 2 inch balls and smash them down on the cookie sheet.
- 5bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.
- 6allow them to cool a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a plate.
- 7note: if you use a gluten free flour blend, add in about 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum to help hold everything together. i like to use a blend of rice flour, tapioca flour and potato flour - seems to work well.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Wheat Free Option)
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 65.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g