Vegan Chocolate Chip Scones
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Grease a large baking sheet and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender or two forks, cut in the vegetable shortening until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy milk, tofu, and vanilla.
- Add the contents of the small bowl and the chocolate chips to the crumb mixture and blend with a fork until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead it 5 or 6 times.
- With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a 7-inch circle. Cut it into 8 wedges and place them about an inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Pierce the top of each with a fork. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the scones are golden brown.
- Serve hot.