Recipe from Isa Moskowitz's "Vegan With a Vengeance."
Make and share this Vegan Chocolate-Chip Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup rice or 1 -1 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- canola oil or cooking spray, for pan
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the water, rice milk, oil, maple syrup, and extracts. Mix until just combined, fold in chocolate chips.
- Oil and preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Use a ladle to pour batter into the pan; most standard ladles will yield a 6-inch pancake. Cook until bubbles form on top, about 3 minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook until bottoms are browned and the pancakes are cooked through, about 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately or keep warm on a plate covered with foil while cooking the others. Repeat with remaining batter.
These pancakes turned out great! My burners were operating on on medium to medium low in order to not burn them but cook them clear through in the amount of time you suggested.
I make these for my daughter every sunday and we LOVE them. I've also made them for non-veg family and they ate them right up!
Yum! Came out perfect. I used special dark cocoa powder and a few teaspoons of sugar. My non-vegan sister loved them too.