1/1 Photo of Vegan Chocolate-Chip Pancakes
Recipe from Isa Moskowitz's "Vegan With a Vengeance."
My Private Note
6-7 inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 -1 1/2 cup rice or 1 -1 1/2 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- canola oil or cooking spray, for pan
- 1In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the water, rice milk, oil, maple syrup, and extracts. Mix until just combined, fold in chocolate chips.
- 2Oil and preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
- 3Use a ladle to pour batter into the pan; most standard ladles will yield a 6-inch pancake. Cook until bubbles form on top, about 3 minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook until bottoms are browned and the pancakes are cooked through, about 2 more minutes.
- 4Serve immediately or keep warm on a plate covered with foil while cooking the others. Repeat with remaining batter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Chocolate-Chip Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 318.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g