My favorite vegan cookie - while other kinds I have tried have turned out flat and unappetizing-looking, these seem to look and taste great every time.
- 1⁄3 cup smooth cashew butter or 1⁄3 cup almond butter or 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425°F Oil a large baking sheet; set aside.
- Whisk together first five ingredients until very smooth. Add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine (be sure to mix in thoroughly the baking soda and salt--you may want to stir these into the flour first).
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until tops just begin to crack. Remove sheet from oven, and wait 10 minutes before transferring cookies to a plate or wire rack.