Top Review by cookbooksanonymous
Oh man these are so good! If I could I would give this 10 stars. This is my new chocolate chip cookie recipe!!! This recipe is also SO easy to make. I did modify it somewhat but not entirely on purpose. I felt there were too many chips so I wanted to make a triple instead of a double batch. When I added the sugar mix the chips all melted (oops!) so I threw in a handful of solid chips. I ended up with chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I took them to work people were literally shoving them in their pockets. They were all shocked when I told them they were vegan. The dough was a touch dry, but I just squished them like you would make meatballs, easy peasy. They took exactly 10 minutes to bake, I didn't find them greasy at all. GREAT recipe!!!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 vegan egg substitute
- 1 1⁄8 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in saucepan.
- Add both sugars.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add egg replacer and vanilla to butter mixture.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture.
- Add chocolate and nuts if desired.
- Let cool in fridge for 1 hour.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 375.