Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Yummy delicious Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup wheat flour (you can substitute Almond Meal but I was out)
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 bananas (Freshly Smashed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup hemp granola cereal
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chip chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; line light baking sheet with tin foil to prevent sticking. Place the sheet in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Note: If you are using a dark baking sheet, you will need to reduce the baking time as this will cause the cookies to bake faster.
- Combine the dry ingredients. In a separate container, mix the pure maple syrup, agave nectar, peanut butter, banana, banilla, and cinnamon. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient. Fold the granola and chocolate chunks into the mix. Place batter into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- The batter will be too sticky to roll, so I recommend using a tablespoon to spoon the batter onto the sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 15-17 minutes. Keep a close eye on them if you determine they aren't cooked completed after 15 minutes, as they will burn shortly thereafter.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and place them onto a baking rack to complete cooling. The rack is important because the moisture content is high and the cookies will have an uncooked texture if the are not cooled in this manner.
- In between sheets, I recommend placing the baking sheet in the freezer for a few minutes. Also, I'd leave the batter in the refrigerator while baking to keep firm. Keeping the batter and baking sheet cool allows the cookies to rise. If you choose not to cool the batter and the sheet, the cookies will not rise but will spread out and you will have flat cookies. If you choose to use the batter at room temperature, I would reduce baking time to about 13-14 minutes.