Recipe by savingthew0rld
Just a basic recipe for chocolate chip cookies. For this one, I'm posting it, using gluten-free flour, but it works better with wheat flour.
- 3⁄4 cup Smart Balance butter spread
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons rice milk (or soy, or water)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine and "flax eggs" until the flax eggs are evenly distributed throught the margarine. Add the white and bown sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in the vanilla and the soy/rice milk [or water].
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Stir dry ingredients into the sugar mixture. The batter should be pretty stiff; using a hand mixer will make this step a lot easier.
- Finally, fold in chocolate chis. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire racks.