Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Better Homes and Gardens recipe I modified and veganized - really moist and yummy.
Make and share this Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350°.
- cream margarine and sugar.
- mix in vanilla, then water.
- in a seperate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- add dries to wet ingredients.
- drop spoonfuls of batter onto greased or foil lined cookie sheet
- bake for 8-11 minutes.
These tasted pretty good in the end, but I had to adjust the recipe more than I'd like. It really needed something to bind the dough (I used a tbsp of applesauce because that was what I had on hand) and I had to add some water, too, plus they took almost twice the indicated time to bake. I'll also be decreasing the sugar next time.
These are great! Very moist and chewy and came out fabulous. Thanks for the recipe!
These were fabulous! Very easy to make--served warm, they are crispy on the ouside chewy on the inside. My vegan friend loved these! I used Crisco vegetable oil sticks, since I couldn't find "vegan margarine" at my grocery story--also had to add another tablespoon of water to make the dough easier to work with.