Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious vegan blondies! YUM!
- 828.06 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml soymilk
- 354.88 ml semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add the oil, vanilla, milk and chocolate chips and mix together gently.
- Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 9x13 inch pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick for doneness.
- Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
I put in a cup of oats for one cup of the flour, and they were delicious! A keeper!
Oh yum! I wanted to make the chocolate chip cookies from Vegan with a Vengeance to round out my holiday cookie trays. I have found, however, that my cookie trays are too large for the oven in my new apartment, so I decided on bar cookies instead. I made these tonight and they are tasty! The oil makes for a lighter and flakier bar than ones that are made with margarine (or butter). They rose up really high, like a cross between a cake and a brownie. Great recipe!
So very very good. I used 1/2 cup of brown sugar out of the sugar total and half soy creamer for the soymilk total. Really tasty.