Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was playing around with a chocolate cake recipe, when I decided to try to make it vegan...I was very impressed and so were the people who ate it! I will post pictures next time I make it! Note: The flour and sugar do not have to be unbleached, I just do that because it sounds healthier to me :]
- 5 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375. Line two 9 inch baking pans with parchment paper. If you don't have parchment paper, spray with Pam.
- In a large bowl mix together the applesauce, water, vanilla, and vinegar.
- In a seperate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the liquid mixture. Beat well.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.