Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Vegan Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soymilk
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup long grain brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil two 8" round cake pans or 12 cupcake tins; set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a blender container, and blend until very smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes for cakes, 15 to 20 minutes for cupcakes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake or cupcake emerges clean.
- Cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack.
- Top with fruit-only raspberry preserves, Easy Chocolate Glaze, or White Frosting.
This is a whole lot better than it sounds! I loved it so much. I'm so glad you made it so vegans can eat it because since my mom is one, it helped that i could cook her something that really tasted great!