Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I edited my favorite chocolate chip bran muffin recipe to be vegan, in honor of my friend Jeffery who just went veg!
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup water, warm
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put the bran and warm water in a bowl together, let sit 2-3 minutes.
- Simmer the flaxseed in the 3 tablespoons water until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Note: These muffins have great flavor but they have come out pretty moist for me in the past, any suggestions are helpful.
this was my first vegan backing experience and it was very successful. I had added a spoon of rum to avoid them from getting moist and it worked out well