Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
From vegetarian.about.com. Apparently quite a heavy cake - I'm going to make it soon, but not until I've moved house! The number of servings is a guess, since I haven't made it yet.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan. Note: You can use other cake pans, but because this cake is a bit heavy, layered cake pans are not recommended.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce and mix well until batter is smooth.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until done. You can always tell that a cake is finished baking by sticking a toothpick in the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, that is, not covered in batter, then your cakes is done baking.
- Frost, if desired, and enjoy!
This cake was very easy to make and tastes very good for low fat. However, the cook time was wrong for my oven. I cooked it 42 mins and it was at least 5 minutes too long. So watch carefully. I did not frost it, however, I topped it with "recipe #223183". This was a very good combination.