Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good low-calorie muffin that can be easily made vegan by replacing yogurt with vegan version.
Make and share this Vegan Choco-Low Fat Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup carob chips
- Preheat oven to 400º; line muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the yogurt, milk and vanilla extract and chocolate chips just until combined. Do not beat.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in the pans on wire racks. Remove from the pans. Serve warm.
- Cover and store at room temperature, or freeze in an airtight container for longer storage.
I think the splenda gives them a funky taste. Maybe a banana or more regular sugar would make these taste better.