Prep 12 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my healthified version of Vegan Choc Chip Blondies. I like that these blondies taste just as chocolatey and indulgent as the real deal (well, at least to me), but are so much better for you. I hope youll like them, too. :)
- 3 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup soy yogurt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄8 cup dark brown sugar (unpacked)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I use whole spelt flour)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (I use spelt flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (make sure theyre vegan)
- Puree the tofu, yogurt, water and applesauce until smooth and fluffy. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Use a fork to vigorously mix in the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift in flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Use a spatula to mix batter until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to an 8X8 greased baking pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 325°F/150°C for 25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and let the blondies cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.