Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A local health food store sells this dish in their deli. Of course they were not going to hand over the recipe, but I figured it out from the ingredient list. Make sure you use Original Vegenaise, it tastes just like the real thing. Adjust peppers to how hot you like it. As the recipe stands I would say it has a medium spiceyness.
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 3⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 4 chipotle peppers with adobo sauce
- 1⁄2 cut thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Boil pasta according to directions and rinse with cold water after it has cooked.
- In a small skillet on medium low heat saute garlic and red bell pepper and 2 tsp oil untill peppers are slightly softened and garlic is aromatic; remove from heat.
- Put chipotle peppers and adobo sauce in food processor and pulse until it becomes like a paste and there are no large chunks.
- Chop celery, green onions, and cilantro.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl with the Veganaise.
- Stir and add salt to taste.
- Add additional peppers if you like more heat.