Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I make a batch of this every Sunday. It is just from my brain, pretty standard affair. You can serve this how you like. It makes about 1200g. I have 100g in a tortilla wrap for breakfast each day, which covers me up until Saturday morning. Add anything you like such as guacamole, spinach.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 60 g mushrooms, chopped
- 400 g tomatoes
- 400 g canned black beans, drained
- 40 g textured vegetable protein
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle paste
- 1 tablespoon white corn flour (optional)
- Spray a medium pan with a low cal spray. You will not need loads.
- Chop onion and celery; fry over medium heat until translucent.
- While onion and celery are frying, chop the red peppers, green peppers, and mushrooms; add these to the pan and stir until sweating.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Drain and add the black beans.
- Add the textured vegetable protein.
- Snip the sundried tomatoes into slivers; add and stir.
- Add the chipotle paste. You can use any spice you like, but this is nice and smoky.
- Add enough water to cover the beans slightly.
- Cover and simmer on a low heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Uncover and heat until thickened.
- You can add a 1 tablespoon white cornflour mixed in 3 tablespoons of water to the pan to help it thicken.